The principles below for a New Testament church came from a book called Trail of Blood by Jim Carroll. Credit to him for organizing what the Bible says on the matter.
“MARKS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT CHURCH”
2. Its only rule of faith and practice–THE BIBLE. (II Tim. 3:15-17)
6. Its ordinances–BELIEVERS’ BAPTISM, FOLLOWED BY THE LORD’S SUPPER. (Matt. 28:19-20)
7. Its officers–PASTORS AND DEACONS. (I Tim. 3:1-16)
8. Its work–getting folks saved, baptizing them (with a baptism that meets all the requirements of God’s Word), teaching them (“to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you”). (Matt. 28:16-20)
9. Its financial plan–“Even so (TITHES and OFFERINGS) hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel,” (I Cor. 9:14)
11. Its independence–separation of Church and State. (Matt. 22:21)