Any people who are wholly invested in this life, its goods, and its pleasures are completely controlled by those who have the power over these things. This is why things of the spirit are mocked and why Jesus is dismissed in general by the culture and the media. The handlers of these institutions want you to be controlled. If you are placed in a box of materialism then your choices are limited to things the rulers of this world can control. Thus we are ruled by forces with little true opposition. It is true we have need of some things of this world, but they shouldnt control our important choices.
Some things indeed aren’t even needs, but wants. They aren’t needs but once we invest in them all the supporting materials, money, and time put in act as needs because they are needed to maintain the initial foolish investment. This isn’t always an item either. A bad habit or addiction can also act as the initial want as easily as a car, pc, or expensive home. Anything that takes away from your liberty to make good choices has enslaved you.
We have all fallen prey to foolishness, and have indulged in materialism. We can learn to remove the unneeded things in life so that we can persue the things of the spirit. Paul the apostle called our baggage weights and indeed they are. For now build the desire and will to not be controlled by the forces of this world, in time the action will follow.
- The Gospel wp.me/p2gEyv-7c via @wordpressdotcom 4 years ago
- Another person given up to a reprobate mind. wp.me/p2gEyv-72 via @wordpressdotcom 4 years ago
- Worldly hope is no hope at all. wp.me/p2gEyv-6T via @wordpressdotcom 4 years ago
- A triad of evil; heretics; ranting; and an invitation. wp.me/p2gEyv-6R via @wordpressdotcom 4 years ago
- Israel vs. Palestinians/Muslims: Who should we stand with? wp.me/p2gEyv-6L via @wordpressdotcom 4 years ago